My little humble veggie plot in my back garden in Dunstable Bedfordshire.

Saturday 5 May 2007

What's Growing & Flowering - Back Garden

Quick update on whats growing & flower in my garden:My seedlings Runner Beans, French Beans, Chinese Cabbage, Swede & Sweetcorn



One of many Carrot pots i m growing 2 types Nantes 2 &a round carrot Parmex

My heritage Tomato plants i have 4 different ones



1) MORTGAGE LIFTER: Beefsteak tomato, named after a 1930's farmer whose bumper crop of this tomato saved him from repossession
2) NYAGOUS: Rare black variety. Smooth round globes with an amoratic flavour
3) AMISH PASTE : Plum tomatoes with an outstandingly good, sweet flavour
4) RED OXHEART: This is the original nineteenth century tomato that made other early Italian Tomatoes famous. Smooth red heart-shaped fruits.



Welcome to Strawberry Towers this old water butt holds around 60 strawberry plants (Cambridge Favorite).

This is my Fruit Garden i have 5 Raspberrys, Redcurrant,Blackcurrant,Sunberry,Gooseberry, Rhubarb along with my 6 fruit trees a Bramley,Chery,Pear,Peach & 2 Plums














And Finally my new additions to back garden.

1stly My old frezzer is now my potato bed this will be cladded in timber so it looks like a large planter



2ndly I planted my new Tayberry plant






No comments: